| Description: Credit 3. Introduction to processing technology of integrated circuits: thin film deposition, doping, oxidation, epitaxy and lithography. Design, layout, assembly, testing and yield. Design project.
Prerequisite: CHEM 112 and grade of C or better in ECE 225
1. Design of passive elements: resistor and capacitors
3. Physics and chemistry of processing
a. thin film deposition
d. ion implantation.
4. Design of active devices: bipolar and MOS transistors
5. Design of silicon integrated circuits
6. Assembly techniques, testing and yield of integrated circuits