ECE 265 - Introduction to Logic Design
Description: Credit 4.Number Systems; Binary arithmetic; Boolean/Logic functions; Boolean Algebra; logic gates, their CMOS design; function minimization, analysis and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits.
Prerequisite: MATH 180; and Grade of C or better in ECE 115.
- Boolean Functions and Representations Function simplification
- Boolean Algebra
- Boolean Function Simplifications-K-Maps
- Combinational Circuit Synthesis-Switches and Gates
- CMOS Implementation of Gates
- Hazard Analysis of Combinational Circuits
- Computer Arithmetic and Circuits
- Basic Memory Elements (FFs-types, triggering)
- Finite State Machine (FSM) Synthesis
- Moore versus Mealy FSMs
- Synthesis of Synchronous Sequential Circuits
- Clocking Methods (edge-triggered, narrow-width,2-phase)
- Clock Period Determination